We sat down with recent Amber’s Beauty School graduate, Morgan Stonebraker, to get the scoop on her apprentice position at our salon. Before we get into the juicy details, our apprenticeships offer graduates the opportunity to gain further experience in a professional salon setting. As an apprentice, Morgan typically preps clients for stylists, assists stylists throughout appointments, helps at the front desk and sporadically cleans throughout shifts. Have you ever wondered about the gal giving you that miraculous shampoo massage? Here she is, theMorgan Stonebraker:
Where are you from?
- I was born and raised here in Muncie. I graduated from Cowan High School and immediately started taking classes at Ivy Tech Community College in Muncie. After about three years of college, I decided beauty school was a better fit for me.
What do you like about your apprenticeship thus far?
- I love the overall atmosphere at Redhead and interacting with clients and stylists. Being an apprentice is nice because I definitely feel like I'm learning a lot while working with clients, but it's nice not to have a full book yet. Easing into things is really helpful, and a lot less overwhelming. I'm also really thankful to be learning so much about Davines products -- they are amazing!
What do you like doing in your spare time?
- When I'm not working at Redhead, I'm usually trying to get as many instructor hours in as possible at Amber's. I need 1,000 hours total in order to qualify to be an official instructor at Amber's. I've also been a Wave volleyball coach in the past, and I'm thinking about coaching again soon.
Do you have any pets?
- I have a dog named Macy that's a mut. I love her!
What do you do for fun?
- I really like reading, playing volleyball, spending time with my family and watching my brother race ATVs.
What is your favorite celebrity hairstyle?
- I love Diana Agron's (Glee) new shorter hairstyle! It's fun, messy and "piecey." It's slightly sophisticated, but not too crazy.
What's your favorite accessory?
- Big statement earrings, definitely. You can rock them with almost every outfit.
What's your favorite snack?
- Hmm... Probably chips.
If you could be a hair product, what would you be and why?
- I would definitely be Davines Wizards (No. 14) Sea Salt Primer. I love the product because it can completely change the texture of your hair, without making it feel like it has a ton of product in it. I can relate because I can be serious when I need to be, but I like to have fun when I can. A change in tempo is nice here and there!
Who wouldn't want this rock star apprentice to give them a fantastic shampoo massage? Morgan's fun, yet professional personality is exactly why we love coming to work everyday.